College Professor Spotlight (Mrs. King)

Elijah Craft, News Editor

A crucial part of Greer Middle College is our ability to take college classes during our sophomore year.

Assistant Professor Pam King teaches Psychology and is one of the first classes students end up taking. Professor King has earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Clemson University and a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Appalachian State University. 

Before teaching at GTC, Ms. King worked at the Piedmont Center for Mental Health Services as an I-level psychotherapist.   When she left ten years later, she was the Director of Child and Adolescent Services. Ms. King is also a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Board Certified Professional Counselor.

She then spent her time as a stay-at-home wife and mother. She loved this part of her life and explained that it was a productive and rewarding period of her life.

Ms. King married her husband in 1982. Ms. King was born in Statesboro, GA, and she was raised in Greenwood; however, she moved to Greenville, where her husband lived. She loves gardening, decorating, sewing and reading. Their son is married and lives in Atlanta, and they have a 20-month old Keeshond dog named Freddie, after her favorite singer Freddie Mercury. 

After her son graduated from college, she decided to start working again, so she applied to Greenville Tech in 2010 and worked part-time until 2016 when she began working full-time.

Currently, Ms. King teaches General Psychology (PSY 201), Human Growth and Development (PSY 203), and Abnormal Psychology (PSY 212).

Ms. King is one of the nicest teachers I know, and I’m sure you won’t regret taking her classes, but make sure to study for the tests.