Sports Update 9/20

Liam Kemp, Co-Managing Editor

GMC BLAZERS ATHLETIC UPDATE

Go check out what your favorite athletes are up to!

Congragulations!

our Boys Swim Team placed 2nd overall finish at the Upstate Invitational on 9/10 and out lady tenis team for beating beating blue ridge

upcoming athletic events

Monday 9/19

Girls Tennis @ boiling Springs

https://gofan.co/app/events/571949?schoolId=SC71182

Tuesday 9/20

Swim @ Middle Tyger YMCA

Girls Tennis vs. SCA 5 p.m.

JV and Varsity Volleyball @ Blacksburg

wednesday 9/21

XC @ fountain in

Thursday 9/22

Girls Tennis Vs. TR 5pm

JV and Varsity VB Vs. Landrum 5:30 p.m. (Hawainn Out)

The Flame Cafe

The Flame Cafe Coffee and Breakfast Bar is open from 7:30am-8 am in the activity center. The Cafe will has iced and hot coffee as well as a variety of breakfast items, sodas, juices, and Gatorade for students to purchase. Breakfast items begin at $1 and coffee at $3 with all proceeds going directly to the athletic department. Cash and card are accepted.

If you wish to pre-purchase an amount for your student’s account so that they may use in lieu of cash, beginning in October (Septembers link is no longer active) follow this link to pre-purchase 

A new link will be provided for each month so that you may reload an amount for your student for the following month. No re-loads will be available during the month, but cash and card are always accepted.

Planet High School

All athletes MUST have an account Planet High School necessary forms completed. Those forms include pre-participation health history, physical form dated after 4/1/2021, Covid-19 release form, Birth Certificate, Steadman Hawkins Consent and Release forms. If a student has not completed any of the above information on PlanetHS, they are ineligible to participate in any pre-season conditioning, try-outs, or any other sports-related activities.