The Forge

The Student News Site of Greer Middle College Charter High School

The Forge

The Forge

Fall Decor Comes Out Too Early

Fall scents, foods, decor and events are very exciting for everyone, but why are the festivities starting in August?
Azeen Shah

I am all for fall and everything it brings; I might even say it is my favorite season. But it’s not important enough to begin preparing while it is still 90 degrees outside.

While everyone is enjoying the heat and the summer fun, it is almost overwhelming to walk into a store and see pumpkins and leaves. Stores seem to switch from school supplies to fall decor only days after the school year has begun.

Early fall decor not only makes summer feel shorter than it already is but it makes the fall season feel like it lasts forever.

I would like to know who is encouraging stores to bring fall decor out earlier every year. I see all kinds of decorations in stores, but I rarely meet someone who actually decorates their house in mid-August.

During mid-September is the perfect time to begin putting fall decor up and bringing out the fall drinks and festivities.

Overall, the official fall season should last around 2-3 months. The decor, food, and drinks should be released around mid-September and kept out until Thanksgiving comes around.