The Forge

The Student News Site of Greer Middle College Charter High School

The Forge

The Forge

Introducing AAA!

Introducing+AAA%21

Musa Muriithi, a senior at GMC, wanted to start the African-American Alliance Club (AAA) to promote confidence and allow students to create a family bond. He wants people to feel safe when they come to the club. He hopes to accomplish a continuation of the AAA following his graduation from GMC.

With the club starting last year, Musa tried to be the best leader possible for his club and also build it up. He decided to end the year with a basketball game. Musa says, “Bringing the black kids together so we can bond . . . and have a safe place to hang out means so much to me.”

Musa wants to give kids who go to the club some knowledge when they walk in. They start off with snacks and a brain break. Then, they do history Kahoots and Quizizz.

Mrs. Robinson, the supervisor, says, “I think this club is encouraging people to get out of their shells and maybe make more friends,” and many people from AAA agree with this.

Musa wants people to know they belong, even if it is just within the African-American Alliance. He wants everyone to feel welcome!