The Forge

The Student News Site of Greer Middle College Charter High School

The Forge

The Forge

Mr. GMC 2024

On Thursday, February 29, Mr. GMC was held in the gym.

The contestants of Mr. GMC 2024 were:

1. Brady Weaver
  2. Z Otto
  3. Benton George
  4. Aiden Davis
  5. Clayton Lindblad
  6. Carson Hill
  7. Jake Trusty
  8. Wim Clay
  9. Kyan Sapko
  10. Felex Mikhail
  11. Jackson Schumars

The program started with a dance number of “I am just Ken” from the 2024 Brabie movie. The boys then introduced themselves with their best pickup line.

After a quick outfit change, the boys came out in their causal wear as Mr. Frans and Ms. Quinlan took turns informing us about each boy.

The boys then ran around with their choice of a collection tin and received money from the audience.

The second outfit change was their formal wear, and we learned about their secret talents during the second round of questioning.

As the boys left the main stage, the audience welcomed Jake Dentler, Mr. GMC 2023, who entertained the questions of Skye Leitch.

Next on the docket was Ellyson Rainey’s performance. Ellyson performed a beautiful original song about leaving for a greater future.

Lastly, we welcomed Jake Dentler back to the stage one last time to hand out the awards. Aiden Davis won People’s Choice and 2nd Runner-up. Mr. Congeniality went to Jackson Suhmars. And Wim Clay won Mr. GMC Runner-Up.

The Mr. GMC crown went to Senior Kyan Sapko.

All the boys did an amazing job and put a lot of work into their performances. A big thank you to all the people who made this event possible and to the boys who were good sports.

To close the night, the GMC students headed to the upper parking lot for a campfire, smores, and music.

More Mr. GMC Photos