5 Reasons You Should Stay Home for the Holidays

Ansa Thomas, Opinions Editor

For as long as I can remember my family has stayed home for the holidays but most people travel. Why should you stay home for the holidays? Well here are 5 reasons.

• Not just cause Perry Como said so
In Perry Como’s song “There’s no place like home” he say’s “Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays, ‘Cause no matter how far away you roam, When you pine for the sunshine of a friendly gaze, For the holidays, you can’t beat home, sweet home.”

There is something about being at your roots for the holidays being with your family even if it is hard to see that they love you.

• Time to rest
Isn’t the holidays a time for rest and relaxation?

Christmas should be a time to catch up on things that you could not do over the school semester.
It should be a time to hang with your friends and go shopping or chill at a coffee shop, talk about things un school-related.

Or just laying by the fire with a book or a movie and just taking a moment to slow down from all the anxiety that school and the world brings.

• Hang with the family
There really is no place like home. There is something about just being in your own home hanging with your family.

Just being in the comfort of your home with your Christmas tree and or handing with your extended family (if there is not too much drama).

• Save Money
Christmas is usually expensive but adding travel to your bill you better be prepared to pay it.

But if you just buy presents and the usual Christmas things you are saving big bucks on the holidays.

It is not just the plan ticked that is going to cost you but the restaurants, hotels, car rentals, and so on but staying home is not too bad and it is pretty cheap.

• The holidays are meant to be fun not stressful
Traveling causes stress, where are you going to stay, will you sleep well in a different bed, what will I eat, will I have enough money, and so on.

What is the point of stressing yourself out, you should put your feet up and just relax.

There are many benefits to traveling and seeing new places for the holidays “but there’s no place like home for the holidays.”