The Forge

The Student News Site of Greer Middle College Charter High School

The Forge

The Forge

Graduation at GMC

The location for graduation has sparked quite the argument amongst seniors. Graduation is one of the biggest events in a high schooler’s career, so when Principal Jimmy Armstrong announced in a senior meeting that graduation may be held in front of the school, it understandably raised a few concerns. 

Many seniors were upset about the location and quickly voiced their opinions, but it’s important for the class of 2024 to recognize the benefits of having an outdoor graduation as much as they noticed the negatives. 

With graduation being held outside, students can invite more family members and friends without worrying about a lack of seating. 

There are 108 students in the senior class, and each of them is expected to receive ten tickets, according to Armstrong. With an outdoor venue, students with bigger families would not have to worry about being separated from their families like they would in a stadium. 

While indoor venues offer various benefits as well, the open air would allow seniors and their families a nice environment for spring graduation. 

No matter the location of graduation, the seniors are guaranteed to have a wonderful and memorable experience.