The Forge

The Student News Site of Greer Middle College Charter High School

The Forge

The Forge

GMC Veteran’s Day

Greer Middle College Charter High School hosted more than 70 veterans today for their 3rd annual Veteran’s Day assembly. 

The veterans and their guests were treated to a breakfast first, followed by the assembly. 

The GMC chorus sang the National Anthem, and the GMC band played a medley of the anthems for each of the branches. 

Jody Stedman presented the POW/MIA table, discussing the importance and impact of the Veteran’s lives that have been lost and not honored by being found and brought home.

Sergeant Fred Fuller spoke about how he spent the majority of his life working with his heroes. He encouraged us students and teachers to be better tomorrow than we are today and continue for the rest of our lives.

The students also gave the veterans gift bags to show appreciation for their services. Thank you to all the veterans who came today!

Our oldest veteran was 97, and our youngest was 27, representing all ages and walks of life of the veterans who served in the war.

Thank you to all veterans!